DEBT CONSOLIDATION LOANS
A debt consolidation loan is a loan that allows you to repay many other debts. For example, if you have three credit cards, you may be able to get a debt consolidation loan to pay off the credit cards, so that you only have one payment instead of three each month. You are consolidating your many debts into one, by getting a loan to pay off many of your debts.
What are the advantages of debt consolidation?
The advantages of a debt consolidation loan are:
- You replace many payments each month with only one payment, which should make it easier to budget your cash each month.
- Your debt consolidation loan may have a lower interest rate than the rate you are paying on credit cards, so the loan should reduce your interest payments.
- With lower interest rates and/or extended terms, you may be able to reduce your total monthly payments.
Do I qualify for a debt consolidation loan?
To qualify for debt consolidation you must meet the following:
- The bank will require a copy of your monthly budget to determine if you can meet your loan payments.
- You must be working, or have a source of income to allow you to repay the loan.
- You may require a co-signor or collateral (such as a car or a house)
What is the next step in obtaining a debt consolidation loan?
To determine if you qualify for a debt consolidation loan, contact your banker or finance company. The major lenders in Canada can be reached via the yellow pages. You can also get to debt consolidation loans information on the internet.
If you don’t qualify for a debt consolidation loan, you should consider a consumer proposal as a way to deal with your debts.
Click on the links below to book your FREE consultation, or visit our locations menus to stop into an office near you. We have many offices to make your consultation convenient and stress-free. In central Ontario, we have offices in Newmarket, Barrie, Bracebridge, Keswick, Lindsay, Midland, North Bay, Orillia, Parry Sound, Peterborough, Sudbury, and Uxbridge (Click here for FREE consultations in those locations).
For offices in the rest of Ontario and Canada, click here for a location nearest to you.