THE S.M.A.R.T. PLAN
Follow the S.M.A.R.T. Plan when setting your goals:
- Specific, Be Specific; define exactly what it is you want to accomplish.
- Measurable, Define how you will know when you have accomplished your goal(s). Make your goals complete with the actual dollar amounts and timeframes if possible.
- Action-Oriented, Define the steps you will need to take the accomplish your goal(s). Break the steps down into the actual smaller steps required to be successful.
- Realistic, Be sure that you set realistic and achievable targets given your strengths and abilities.
- Timelines, Set deadlines for reaching your goal(s).
To formulate the goals you would like to achieve, download the following goal worksheet:
Goal Worksheet (.pdf)